Last Updated on
CANNOCK CHASE GERMAN MILITARY CEMETERY
Cannock Chase German Military Cemetery contains almost 5,000 German and Austrian graves. Following an agreement between the UK and the Federal Republic of Germany in 1959, the German War Graves Commission (Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgraberfursorge) made arrangements to transfer the graves of German servicemen and civilians who had died in Britain during World Wars 1 and 2 from scattered burial grounds to a new cemetery established at Cannock Chase.
Follow the signs for Cannock Chase War Cemetery signposted from the A34 when travelling from either Cannock or Stafford. The German cemetery is immediately behind the CWGC one.