Ruined castle built by the Barons of Rosslyn between the 13th and 17th centuries, just a short distance from the famous Rosslyn Chapel and allegedly haunted. The Castle was besieged at least twice and ultimately destroyed by one of Cromwell's armies in 1650. It is not open to the public as a visitor attraction, but it is available to rent as a holiday home. Click on the Landmark Trust's website link below.
NB The castle can be viewed externally whilst visiting Rosslyn Chapel or via Roslin Glen.