Last Updated on
QUEEN’S CHAPEL of the SAVOY
The Queen's Chapel of the Savoy is all that remains of the Savoy Hospital founded by Henry VII, which stood on site of the earlier Savoy Palace, sacked during the Peasants' Revolt of 1381. It is a private royal chapel of Her Majesty The Queen and not subject to episcopal jurisdiction. It is part of the Savoy Estate, the Duchy of Lancaster’s principal London land holding. Since 11 May 1937, by command of King George VI, it has also been the Chapel of the Royal Victorian Order.