Kenwood House is one of the finest 18th century country houses in London. On the northern edge of Hampstead Heath, it was probably built in the early 17th century, but was extensively remodelled between 1764 and 1779 by Robert Adam, who transformed it into a neoclassical villa for William Murray, 1st Earl of Mansfield. The interiors include some of Adam’s finest surviving schemes, which are beautifully shown following recent renovation work. The house contains an astonishing art collection, which includes works by Rembrandt, Vermeer, Turner, Gainsborough and Reynolds. The house, grounds and collection were bequeathed to the nation by brewing magnate Edward Guinness, Earl of Iveagh, in 1927. Kenwood has also featured in many movies and TV productions, including Notting Hill and Mansfield Park.