Last Updated on
Interesting monument erected in 1656 by the redoubtable Lady Anne Clifford to commemorate her final parting with her mother in 1616. There's an adjacent stone where money was left for the poor on each anniversary.
The monument is on the west-bound carriageway of the A66 where it is impossible to stop. Take the turning off the A66 to Brougham Castle, park on an unused section of old road and walk east along a path.