CENTRE of SCOTLAND
A stone marks the spot claimed to be the centre of Scotland. It is on the Glen Truim road, part of the 250 mile network of military roads built for the Government by General Wade after the Jacobite rising of 1715. This section was built in 1719 and is a section of the road between Fort Augustus and Ruthven Barracks at Kingussie. The stone replaces an earlier marker and was unveiled on 5th June 2015.